The first look I’ll be going for is the dark smoky eye look. This look is great for a romantic date night, clubbing, or going out to parties! If you want to go for that dark sultry feel, this is the look for you!
LOOK #1: Smokey Eye
1. Lightly spritz your face using a facial setting spray. This mist helps your foundation stick to your face and absorbs oil so your foundation goes on smoothly. Spray this a few times all over your face and you’re good to go!
2. Prime your face using makeup primers. Not only does this help your foundation stay on your face for a long period of time, but it cancels out redness, absorbs oil, and reduces the appearance of pores. This step is important to making sure your foundation looks flawless all day long. Put the primer on areas you have generally larger pores and have more oil production.
3. Next, use the foundation of your choice and spread a thin layer on your face. This way you use less product and you don’t look too “caked on”. After you spread the foundation on your face, blend using a dampened sponge.
4. Hide your pimples and redness using concealer. Dab a small amount on the areas where you need and blend with a sponge.
5. Next, is highlighting my (favorite part of the process). Using a concealer, about two shades lighter than your own skin tone, create two triangles underneath your eyes, put a little on your forehead, down the bridge of the nose, cupid’s bow, and chin. Not only does this cover your dark circles, making you look more awake, but also accentuates the raised areas of the face. Blend with a beauty blender so you don’t have any harsh lines!
6. Time to bake! And no, I’m not talking about making cakes. This technique is yet another way to make sure your face is oil-free and poreless. Dip your beauty blender in translucent setting powder and coat a generous amount on the areas you highlighted. Let the powder sit for about 5-10 minutes and then slightly dust off with another brush.
7. While we let the powder sit on our faces, let’s move on to eyebrows. First come out your brows. Then dip your eyebrow brush into brow pomade and slightly outline the end of your eyebrows and slightly fill in the rest of your brows with LIGHT strokes. A little goes a long way with brow pomade so make sure you use a small amount. After, set with brow gel so your eyebrows stay in place all day.
8. Next is contouring! Contouring is where you use dark shades to define and outline certain features of the face you want. For this look, use the dark gray powder to outline your cheek bones, chin, and forehead. After, use bronzer on top of the areas you just contoured to achieve a more sun-kissed look.
9. Now add blush, we need to look alive out there!
10. Eyelid primer prevents your eyeshadow from creasing and helps it last all night long. Blend gently with your ring finger.
11. Onto Eyeshadow using the Tartlette Palette
12. Eyeliner! Draw a line from your eyelid to the end of your eyebrow. Connect the end of the line back to your eyelid making a triangle. This triangle ends up being a fancy winged eyeliner.
13. Although you can skip this step and use mascara, I used falsies because they are just much more dramatic. Put glue on the adhesive of the lashes and blow on it to make the glue a little tacky. Put as the lash as close to the lash line as possible making sure both ends are securely attached.
14.Lipstick you know the drill!
15. Highlight your face with a fluffy brush to make your face look like its glowing. Put the highlighter along your cheekbones, generally the area where the light hits your face. Dab a little on the tip of your nose and on your cupid’s bow.
This is the finished look! Wear this for a nice evening, smokey look for any event. Whether it be a fancy dinner date, or maybe even a trip to the grocery store, makeup is meant to be fun, so do whatever makes you feel confident!
Look #2: Natural Everyday Makeup Look
The second look is the “Oh sh*t I just woke up its 7:35 and I have an 8am at Lomo!” Just kidding, but seriously! This look takes only about 5 minutes to do and is perfect if you want to just look awake, natural, and fresh in the morning. All these products are under 10$ and can be found at the drugstore. So, if you’re a girl on a budget, check this out!
- Use a BB cream and apply all over the face with CLEAN hands and or use a sponge. BB cream is perfect for everyday use because it has SPF which protects your face from sun damage. It’s also less cake than foundation and it feels lighter on the skin.
2. Use a light concealer and to highlight underneath your eyes, forehead, and chin. This trick helps conceal those dark eye bags, and people won’t tell you just woke up 2 minutes ago! Make sure to blend after with a beauty sponge!
3. After setting your entire face w/ translucent powder to make sure your makeup stays in place. Pick up a tapered, fluffy brush and bronze around the areas where you would usually contour. This helps your face look less flat and more define while also giving you a sun kissed look.
4. Add a light pink cream blush to fake a healthy, fresh glow with a fluffy brush. Start at the apples of your cheeks and blend towards your ear. Start by giving that morning smile so you can find exactly where to put the blush.
5. Add mascara.
6. Add a lip creme or lip gloss to add a little color to your lips.
And you’re done! This way you can make it on time for class and still look good while doing it.